Encourage Your Heart And Nourish Your Soul:
21 Ways To Build Yourself Up and Brighten Your Day
Are you looking for simple ways to encourage your heart and nourish your soul? These 21 soul nourishing tips will give you plenty of inspiration. I invite you to read through them and decide which one you will get started with today.
- Take time to stop and absorb the beauty of creation. Watch the sun rise, take a walk in the park, watch the sunset - enjoy the splendour of God's creation.
- Create a morning ritual. Get up a little earlier than usual, make yourself tea in your favourite mug, light a candle and sit looking onto the garden. Use your journal to speak with God. Write down questions and things that trouble you; listen for God's answers and write those too.
- Create a personal book of remembrance and record God's blessings and the answers to your prayers.
- Ask God to bless the people you don't get on with and to help you to see them through His eyes. Make a point of being kind to people even when they aren't kind to you.
- Take a few minutes to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day. Find a quiet place where you won't be disturbed. Close your eyes and picture God there with you.
- Sit quietly and meditate. Think of all the things you are grateful for, of encouraging words that have been spoken to you, or simply enjoy the stillness.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write down all the things you are thankful for and things that bring you joy.
- Slow down, focus on the moment and pay attention to what you are doing now and what is around you.
- Memorise a poem or psalm or portion of Scripture that gladdens your heart.
- Create your own prayer book. When you find a quotation or prayer that helps you, write it in you book and paste a scene from nature on the facing page. You could use this book to help you pray when prayer doesn't come easily.
- Take negative thoughts captive and replace them with positive uplifting thoughts full of truth, comfort and peace.
- Surround yourself with beautiful things that gladden your heart.
- Take care of yourself; treat yourself like you would your best friend.
- Stop criticising yourself. Let yourself off the hook. Remember that God loves you and speak kindly to yourself.
- Collect quotes and stories that inspire you. Put them where you will easily find them and take time to read through them when you need some encouragement.
- Change what is within your power to change and stop fretting about what you can't change. Let things go, turn them over to God and let Him deal with them.
- Call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while and ask them how they are.
- Take time to encourage a colleague you wouldn't normally associate with.
- Take someone out for coffee. Focus on them. Ask then about their life and just listen.
- Nourish your soul. Create a cd of feel good music and listen to it when you need a boost.
- Develop a sense of humour. Do things that make you laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. The more you laugh, the happier and healthier you'll be.
Have you claimed your free gifts?
- Be Your Own Life Coach – a step by guide to help you change your life now
- The 5 Minute Life Coach - a short weekly dose of coaching. Each issue provides inspiration and helpful tips that you can put to use immediately
To receive the free coaching guide and newsletter is a simple process:
- Step one: Fill out my guestbook and press send
- Step two: Check your email and follow the instructions to download your guide
Just fill in my guest book and you'll have them in minutes.
Return To The Top Of Encourage Your Heart |
Return To Coaching Articles |
Contact Lynne |
Return To Christian Life Coaching Home Page
If you've ever thought of writing your own articles or books take a look at resources for writers
If you're thinking about having a website of your own, see how I built my website and what I used to help me get first page listing in the major search engines.