Who I Am In Christ
Why do I need to know who I am in Christ?
You need to know who you are in Christ so that you can live your life as God intended and fulfil your destiny.
The more you agree with God about your identity in Christ, the more your behaviour will begin to reflect your God given identity.
I encourage you to learn to see yourself as God sees you
God's opinion is the one that counts. Accept what God says about you, agree with Him that it is true of you and become the spiritual person you are.
Understanding who you are in Christ will give you a strong foundation to build your life on. Knowing who you are in Jesus is the key to a successful Christian life and a life lived ON purpose.
Your identity doesn't depend on something you do or have done. Your true identity is who you are in Christ.
Once you choose to follow Jesus you become a new creation, the old you passes away and you become who you are in Him. Please stop living out of who other people say you are and take hold of the truth of God's word. Find out what God says about you and agree with Him.
You need to know who you are in Christ so that you can know
what to do, when to do it, where to go, and how to do it
Who you are in Christ
Because you are in Christ, every one of these statements is true of you.
- I am loved 1John 3:3
- I am accepted Ephesians 1:6
- I am a child of God John 1:12
- I am Jesus' friend John 15:14
- I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him Romans 8:17
- I am united with God and one spirit with Him 1Corinthians 6:17
- I am a temple of God. His spirit and his life live in me 1 Corinthians 6:19
- I am a member of Christ's body. 1 Corinthians 12:27
- I am a Saint Ephesians 1:1
- I am redeemed and forgiven Colossians 1:14
- I am complete in Jesus Christ Colossians 2:10
- I am free from condemnation Romans 8:1
- I am a new creation because I am in Christ 2Corinthians 5:17
- I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved Colossians 3:12
- I am established, anointed, and sealed by God 2Corinthians 1:21
- I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind 2Timothy 1:7
- I am God's co-worker 2Corinthians 6:1
- I am seated in heavenly places with Christ Eph 2:6
- I have direct access to God Ephesians 2:18
- I am chosen to bear fruit John 15:16
- I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house 1 Peter 2:5
- I have been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which I share His nature 2 Peter 1:4
- I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me Hebrews 13:5
- God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do Philippians 2:13
- I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need James 1:5
Simply choose to believe what God says about you.
"How can two walk together unless they agree?" Amos 3:3
Try reading the above list every day for a month, preferably out loud. The more you know who you are in Christ, the more your behaviour will reflect your true identity.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" Romans 12:2
To live an effective Christian life you need to know and believe who you are in Christ. Understanding your identity in Christ is crucial to your success.
The best way to renew your mind and experience inner transformation is by knowing, thinking and speaking who you are in Christ
Train yourself to say the same things that God says in His word. Become who you already are in Christ. God wants to do more in your life than you imagine.
Return to the top of Who I am In Christ